Tuesday, February 24, 2009

When Grandma's away, Grandpa will play!

This past weekend my parents came to visit. Grandpa Doug took full advantage of the the nice weather and a chance to reconnect with the ocean, while Grandma June commuted to the big city for a postpartum doula training. We began the weekend with a day trip to Boat Cove Beach where Grandpa even paddled out.


Sam made the trip out to sea as well with dad steering the kayak and grandpa following in his own boat. They made it over to look at the Sea Lions, which Sam didn't even notice because he was already fast asleep.



The following day we made the trip to San Onofre Beach for relaxing and barbecuing.




Remember this beach is referred to as "Old Man's" so we thought Sam and Grandpa should dress the part. Grandma really dislikes it when Grandpa wears his pants this high...Sam thinks it is hilarious.


Evan loving his daddy time. I think the feeling is mutual.


My purpose for posting this photo below was not for Sam's full moon (which is cute) but for the silhouette of Grandpa (classic stance, eh?) and the cool texture and color of the sky that evening.

We're still trying to get a nice family photo for the holiday card....I guess we'll keep trying.

Thanks for making the trip. We hope you make it out again for spring break. Will it be paddle-boarding in the harbor Grandpa? Hopefully Grandma will get to play too next time! We love you and miss you already. xoxo
p.s. Let me know how the car rental turned out.

4 comments:

The Minert's said...

What a FUN time you guys had! I love all the photos! My does the beach look nice...Jenelle great picture with Sam's full moon and g-pa in the background...oh and the beautiful sunset! I love it! We miss you all and thank you for keeping up on the blog, you and I know how awesome it is when you see that someone has posted! Love ya

Jake and Denae said...

Im so jealous of you guys!! I want to go to the beach... I guess there is always the annual Gabrielsen beach trip to look forward too.. hopefully you guys can stop by again so we can get a good look at your cute new addition to the fam!!

Cindy Zickgraf said...

I love the moon picture capturing so much! Evan is getting so big and still so handsome. I love the picture of Joe and Evan, so sweet. Love seeing the lovely beach photos gives me hope for spring! Love you all!

Kemp said...

Love the photos of grandpa!! I think he loves wearing sweatpants a little too much! Somedays I don't think he takes them off. I guess it is his go to style. Love all of the photos! Evan is getting so big! I just want to pinch his cheeks like Sam does :)