Monday, October 20, 2008

Future Kayaker?


Over the weekend, Joe took Sam kayaking in the harbor. Sam insisted on wearing a helmet like Dad's even though it is several sizes too big. He also helped man the paddle. (You can imagine how much help that actually was.) About 30 minutes into the adventure, Sam was passed out between Dad's legs. There must be something about the rocking motion. While the boys took the afternoon to play, I enjoyed a yoga date with the little one in my belly, a hot bath and then sat down with a good book. We hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. FYI: Sam is no longer using the s-word. Phew!

5 comments:

The Minert's said...

Sam is getting so big, he looks so cute in the Kayak. What a fun thing for him to get to do with his daddy, sounds like you enjoyed yourself while they were out...hope your feeling well, can't wait to see pictures of your belly :) Love you guys and can't wait to see you at Christmas! Love, Summer

The Slothower's said...

I love that you got some mommy time to yourself!
And Sam looks like a natural in the kayak. Joe must be so proud of his little guy!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome Kayaker! I love these blogs, but oh it makes Grandma June miss her out of town Grand Babies! Looking so forward to coming in Dec. I hope my timing is right. If not I will change it. I got so much info. at my Doula Workshop, that will be so helpful in labor! We love you guys and miss you so much. We need to see a picture of your belly Jenelle. Love, Grandma June

Cindy Zickgraf said...

So glad you got a day to yourself Nells! It always feels so good to get those every once in a while. I would love to see a picture of your belly too. I think that is amazing that Sam fell asleep in the Kayak! I really hope you guys do come home for Christmas, I want to see your new little one. Hope all is well. Love you and miss you all, love aunt cindy

Anonymous said...

Sam looks like a natural in a kayak! We miss you guys so much. I was thinking how this time last year we were going for daily hikes up Howelson hill (with Sam trying to wiggle out of the backpack!) It's getting cold here....hope you are enjoying the sunshine! Love you all....