Tuesday, April 21, 2009

1..2....3!!!!

It is hard to believe that another year has passed. Three feels so big! Sometimes I want to just squeeze as much joy out of every moment with him (i.e. "Mom, I need a hug."), and other times I am grateful time doesn't stand still (i.e. "You're not nice....I put you in timeout."). So much has happened for Sam during the past year. Beginning with a major move from the mountains to the sea. (He hardly even remembers the snow now.) Then settling into his new home with a new big boy bed to get ready for his new brother. Wow, no wonder why we had so many restless nights. Hopefully his new year will offer more stability for all of us.
We had a wonderful birthday celebration: waffles in the morning, baking with mom, swimming, bbq, finally....presents and cake. This morning he asked if it was his birthday again. I told him he only has to wait 364 more days. Hmmm.......that's what makes birthdays so special.


Evan trying on the birthday hat. Sam wasn't so into it this year. However, Sam insisted on wearing it when we sang "Happy Birthday".

Sam wanted a motorcycle cake. He was treated to a few new motorcycle guys to go with his cake.

6 comments:

Russ and Julie said...

Happy Birthday Sammy!! We wish we could have been there to eat motorcycle cake with you! What a sweet boy....he is growing so fast! Give him (and little Evan) a great big hug from us!

Kemp said...

Oh fun! Sam is three!!!! Great job on the cake! He looks like such a big kid now! I can't wait to see you guys this summer. It will be tons of fun!

Grandma June said...

Wow hard to believe he is 3yrs. old! Time is flying by. It looks like he had a great birthday! I am glad we have to wait 364 days for our next birthday. Or else I would be ancient!So Cute! Evan looks so cute with that hat on too. How fun! Give lots of hugs and Kisses!

The Minert's said...

Happy happy birthday SAMMY!!! Wow I can't believe he is 3! He looks so happy, I love the picture of Evan wearing the birthday hat...so cute :) I will be there this summer!!! Yippeeeee...can't wait to see you guys. oxoox

Pence Planet said...

Happy Birthday Sammy!!! Jenelle I must say you have a great talent in cake decorating. It reminds me of mom and all the wonderful cakes she made us. How creative you are in making Sams day special. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you in a couple of months.
Love,
The Pence Clan

Jay Amy and Tesla said...

He is so big!! What a cutie! Happy birthday Sam!