Friday, September 18, 2009

Big Week


Monday we celebrated Joe's 33rd year. Sam loves birthdays! He wants to celebrate any and all. He helped me make the birthday cake, frost and decorate it with of course, his guys. These particular guys happened to be surfing. We made signs, homemade cards, and wrapped up a few items from @ the house. As you can see below, Sam can't get enough of the frosting.





Tuesday was Sam's first day of Serra Preschool. On the way there he kept confirming with me that I would be dropping him off with his teacher and not staying with him. I could tell that he was a little nervous, but at the same time excited. He greeted his teacher with hand picked flowers, put his bucket in his cubby and was off. When I picked him up later he told me, "I had fun mom."







Our family band!
Julie-notice how Sammy plays the guitar.

6 comments:

Pence Planet said...

Happy Birthday Joe!! We love you and hope that you had a wonderful day. When is the family hitting the road for a band tour. Sam keeps the beat so well on his guitar which is no surprise. We sure love your little family.

Russ and Julie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!!! We tried to call you from Canada but couldn't get through...hope you had a wonderful day! I love the family band, Sam has invented a clever way to play the guitar! We miss you and tell Sam that we are proud of him for being such a big boy and starting school! Love you all!

J & J said...

Thanks for the b-day wishes guys! We love and miss you all. I love my little family too.

Joe C

Grandma June said...

Looks like you had a great birthday Joe! Happy Birthday! What a great little family you have! Sammy is getting so much older looking now. Glad he likes school. I love how you guys keep it so simple for your family. Looks like Sammy needs some drums way to keep the beat Sam! Love you all. Grandma June

Cindy Zickgraf said...

Happy belated Birthday Joe! Sam is sooo cute on his first day of school, what a big boy! I bet he just loves going to school! He looks so proud to bring the teacher flowers. Remember when we would bring bread to our teachers. Anyhow love you guys and miss you! Love Aunt, Cindy

Unknown said...

Hi, I have enjoyed seeing all of your blogs and seeing how the little ones have grown. I always enjoyed the family get togethers.

love you all,

Gary E.