Friday, October 2, 2009

Beginning to feel a wee bit like Fall....

I didn't notice it last year, but this year I can tell the subtle change of seasons here in Southern California. The temperature is hot in the daytime and thankfully is beginning to cool at night. Some leaves do change color and fall here, however most just winterize meaning they aren't as green due to less sunlight hours. We are enjoying the Fall harvest as I am sure many of you are from your backyard gardens. Unlike you, our harvest is coming from one of the only actual farms left here on this fertile soil. We recently became part owners of the South Coast Organic Farm where we receive a weekly CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) basket of food. The food is amazing! Sam loves to check out the bountiful basket and I enjoy the variety of vegetables that I normally wouldn't purchase. Why did we ever move away from this way of eating?




Check out this cheesy grin. Evan is all about smiling. He is enthusiastic about everything and is particularly fond of the bathroom. He's already locked himself in there and got the plastic bolt cover on the toliet stuck in his mouth. I can't believe he's ten months already and walking is just around the corner.



4 comments:

The Slothower's said...

The basket of veggies is beautiful. I love it...we should find one of those coops here instead of Whole Foods. HA!
And I cannot get over how big Evan is. What a cutie pie! And with you as his mama, can you blame him for his big smile? Love you guys!

Kemp said...

Oh goodness Evan is so BIG now! They grow so fast! I love the basket of vegetable it is gorgeous and I am sure yummy! We miss you guys and can't wait for the holidays so we can see you! Love ya

Cindy Zickgraf said...

Evan is sooooo cute! He has gotten so big! I love the basket of veggies so cheerful! Harest time is the best. It is definitely feeling more like Fall here in Idaho, it is nice though getting all snug with a blanket and wearing sweaters. Say hello to Sam for us, we sure miss him and all of you. Love you all!

Cindy Zickgraf said...

I forgot to mention how gross that must have been getting that cover out of Evans mouth. Yuck, the things kids get into!